Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What is a Dad?

Something I wrote at my fathers funeral in 1997

What is a Dad?
He's the one who's there when you fall off your bike and says try again,
He's the one who's there when you don't want to get caught,
He's the one who's there when you need that special advice,
He's the one who's there when you finally marry the right girl,
When your young you think he's always wrong,
And when your grown you find out he was right,
When I was young I said when I grow up I'm not going to do things that way,
When I was young I said he was tough,
Now I'm grown and I see him in the mirror every morning and I realize I'm becoming more like him each day,
What is a Dad?
He's my best friend and I'll miss him dearly, I can only hope that I will mean as much to my family as he does to his,
Dad I Love You, Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment